9.04.2012

Brooms & boots

Pin It

 
 

Susan Adams saw this idea to make a witches broom out of a brown bag. So we took the idea and flew with it then added fun tags with the Bootiful Occasions stamp set. The bootiful thing about this stamp set is that it can be used for many different occasions. The smaller broom is made with a coffee filter and a tootsie pop. On the tag, make a slit on each side of the boot with an exacto knife to slide the DSP behind the boot. September 2012 project.

S&P Recipe:
Bootiful Occasions stamp set (w...126595, c...126597)
Two Tags Bigz die (115954)
2-3/8" scallop circle punch (118874)
2-1/2" circle punch (120906)
5" x 11-1/2" gusseted cellophane bags (127850)

Witches bag tutorial

Step 1: fold bottom out so it doesn't get cut
Step 2: fold in thirds, up to base of the bag
Step 3: cut slits about an inch or a half inch from the top fold at the base
Step 4: unfold and open bag
Step 5: fold top down where the bag is uncut and insert gusseted cellophane bag
Step 6: add popcorn or other treat and pretzel rod, gather top of bag and tie, then add tag

3 comments:

  1. We absolutely loved receiving this little broom at Jill's event today!! Wanted to know if you could tell me how you did the scarecrow's hat? Thanks!! Daune Cotter - daune@stampin4life.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! Now I know what to do with those gusseted bags I had to have! Glad to have met you at Hilton Head! I am the one who said hi from Lisa Fast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my first visit to your blog and I'm so excited! I am Jann's 2nd downline in Oklahoma. I saw this project that Connie Stewart brought back from Founder's Circle and I just love it!! Our grandkids don't eat chocolate so I'm really excited to make these for them for Halloween. What a fantastic project and thanks for adding the instructions for cutting the bag. Connie tried to tell me how but I was not getting it...LOL

    ReplyDelete